Azienda

The history

Terre del bruno is born from the ashes of the ancient village of Pogni, located in the heart of the Chianti, near the town of Marcialla. The historic hamlet dates back to the 14th century, when the village was contended by the Certaldo and Barberino Val d’Elsa.

Located at an altitude of about 400 meters above sea level, the village is surrounded by stone walls, typical of the traditional Tuscan architecture.

Within walking distance from the village, ruins of the Medieval Castle of Pogni, which once overlooked the Valdelsa, are still visible. Pogni was the last of the fortifications of the city of Semifonte to fall under the dominion of Florence in 1202. Documents testify that, after this defeat, the village was able to get up. Just to fall again in 1312, this time at the hands of the emperor Arrigo VII. The Florentines restored the fortifications in 1382, only to use them for a short period, after which the hamlet was abandoned permanently.

The tower of Pogni is still full upright and well visible, while the ruins of the rest of the buildings are now mostly covered by vegetation.

dsa
Click to enlarge
Click to enlarge
Click to enlarge
Click to enlarge